The Skilled Facilitator® approach helps groups get better results.
A rigorous and compassionate method for more effective facilitation and consultation; this workshop is based on Roger Schwarz’s best-selling book The Skilled Facilitator, considered worldwide to be the standard reference for professional facilitators.
You will learn:
- Strategies and techniques to address the specific challenges you face when facilitating groups.
- How your mindset may lead you to create the very situations you are trying to avoid: mistrust, defensive behavior, poor problem solving, and limited group learning.
- How to use the five core values of the Mutual Learning approach — transparency, curiosity, accountability, informed choice and compassion — to guide your work with groups.
- How the roles of facilitator, leader, consultant, coach and trainer are similar and different, and when it is appropriate to serve in each of these roles.
- How to identify and deal with situations in which groups ask you to act inconsistently with your role.
- How to contract for a solid working relationship and avoid many problems that reduce your ability to help the group.
- How to diagnose strengths and weaknesses of groups using the Team Effectiveness model.
- How to intervene in a group to improve its process, including what to say, how to say it, when to say it, who to say it to, and why.
A five day workshop
You and professionals from other organizations will engage in intensive, instructor-guided practice based on your real work facilitation challenges. You will:
- Review the core principles of The Skilled Facilitator® approach with practical examples of how to apply them.
- Practice applying Mutual Learning strategies and techniques to create more productive meetings — meetings that build greater commitment and generate shared accountability.
- Get specific, expert guidance as you apply this values-based approach to help groups improve their performance, working relationships, and individual well-beings.
Who Should Attend?
Organization Development and Human Resources professionals who facilitate or consult with groups and teams to help them achieve:
- Higher quality decisions
- Greater innovation
- Greater commitment and accountability
- Increased trust and reduced defensiveness
- Increased motivation
- Less unproductive stress
Dates and Location
Glen Allen, Virginia, June 12 – 16, 2017
Early Bird: $2,995 available to May 26th
$3,295 per person after May 26th